The Story So Far
If I had to pick the most valuable lesson I’ve learnt during my career it would be this: the importance of truly listening.
Listening attentively and wholeheartedly to the people close to us, to those we do business with, and to our inner selves… I’m constantly amazed at how powerful the results can be (and how often this skill is overlooked).
Working in the world of marketing, I’ve seen time and again how a willingness to listen can transform the relationship between businesses and their customers. As a mature student learning about writing for wellbeing, I’ve seen how the arts can create spaces for listening and sharing, helping people to reclaim their stories. And along the way I’ve found my own voice too, lost for many years simply because at some point I just stopped paying attention.
I hope you enjoy looking around this website. Do get in touch with any comments or questions. I’d love to hear from you.
More about Kate:
- Over ten years’ experience in PR & marketing – including running her own PR & copywriting business and heading up the social media team at a London digital marketing agency. Specialist interests include writing and the psychology of communication.
- Poetry published by Every Day Poets and Vox Poetica
- Member of Lapidus, the organisation for words & wellbeing practitioners
- MA in Creative Writing
- MSc in Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes
- Runs the Twitter-based therapeutic writing resource @writingyourself