My contact details
Name: Kate McBarron
The type of personal information I collect
I currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information via email – When you email me using the email address shown on my website, I receive your email address plus any additional personal information that you choose to share.
- Comments information – When you leave a comment on my website, you may choose to leave your name and email address.
How I get the personal information and why I have it
The personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for the following reason:
- To allow you to make contact with me via my email address, which is shown on my website.
I use the information that you have given me in order to:
- Contact you regarding an email you have sent me.
- Keep track of comments on my website.
I will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
I use third parties who provide elements of services for me. You can find out about their privacy policies below.
- WordPress (website content management): https://en-gb.wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- DreamHost (website hosting and email provider): https://www.dreamhost.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Automattic (website functionality) https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/ and https://automattic.com/privacy/
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis I rely on for processing this information is:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How I store your personal information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Information sent via email
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me at email@example.com.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk