In 2012, I began a journey that ignited my passion for research – an MSc in creative writing for therapeutic purposes. This experience fuelled my longstanding interest in the creative, evidence-based ways we can improve our lives.
Since then, my research experience has included conducting a poetry evaluation project in a North London primary school and volunteering as a research assistant for the University of Surrey.
More about Kate:
- MSc Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes, Metanoia Institute
- MA Creative Writing, University College Chichester
- BA (Hons) English, University of Southampton
- Sixteen years’ experience in marketing & communications, including running a PR & copywriting business and heading up the social media team of a London digital marketing agency
- Poetry published by Every Day Poets and Vox Poetica
- Founder of WriteToRelax.com
- Co-Founder of WritingForLife.co.uk
- Member of Lapidus, the organisation for words & wellbeing practitioners
- Member of NAWE, the National Association of Writers in Education
Timotijevic, L., Acuna‐Rivera, M., Gemen, R., Kugelberg, S., McBarron, K., Raats, M. M., Zolotonosa, M. (2018). Adolescents’ Perspectives on Personal and Societal Responsibility for Childhood Obesity — The Study of Beliefs through ‘Serious’ Game (PlayDecide). Children & Society.
McBarron, K. (2017). It’s Time We Talked: Exploring Mind-Body Dialogues and Stress Management. Lapidus Journal, 10 (3), pp.56-59.
McBarron, K. (2015). Making Poetry Primary: Investigating the impact of a year-long poetry presence at Highfield Primary. Highfield Primary School.
Lapidus Living Research Community
Lapidus is an international organisation for words and wellbeing. I’m a member of the Lapidus Living Research Community – a group that focuses on research in the field of writing for wellbeing. To find out more about Lapidus visit: http://www.lapidus.org.uk